Simple instruction: how to iron on patches?
The patches we offer are by default meant to be sewn on. While this is normally the most durable, almost “eternal” way to attach them, in some cases you might need badges that are easier to attach to garments. In this case we got you covered with our iron-on silicone backing. You just have to ask us for it. This layer that we will attach to your patches is:
- made of copolyamide (hot melt adhesive)
- washable up to 60ºC
- dry cleaning is possible
- with Oeko-tex certificate
If doing it with a home iron, the process should be as follows:
- Set your iron to 160º C (two dots)
- Pre-press the place on the garment where you need to iron on the patch to preheat it and remove wrinkles
- Place the patch where you need to attach it, make sure it’s adjusted properly
- Cover it carefully with a cotton towel (a tea towel would do)
- Press down firmly for 20-25 seconds
- If possible, repeat that from the other side (the inner side) of the garment
If you’re using a press, just press it with a medium strength (max. 4 bars) for approximately 15 seconds.
Let it sit at least 48 hours before you wash the garment for the first time, in order to reach the maximum durability.
If you need to iron patches on multiple products, we would recommend you to first test it. Please have in mind that for some fabrics with a rougher texture, attaching a patch with silicone will not be the ideal solution, so consider the option to sew it on.
There are different ways you can fix your badges to clothes, backpacks, hats or another garment apart from ironing on. As mentioned above sewing them is the most durable one. If you need to change or take off and on your patches, we also offer “hook and loop” backed patches, where one side – the “hook” – has to be sewn onto the fabric, and the other part – the “loop” – we provide sewn on the back of the patch. We’ve also made patches with a safety needle attached on the back, which is a good idea for when you only need to use the patch occasionally.
Need patches? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.